Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Engagement Story

HELLO!

I am here today to share how D and I got engaged. I still cannot believe I get to say I am engaged. It is a surreal feeling & I definitely not taking it for granted. I am still smiling ear to ear




Okay so basically on our cruise we had 2 port days aka we get to get off the boat & go explore. Our first day was at Puerta Maya in Cozumel, Mexico. We had decided on that day we wanted to do an excursion. So D, I, Krysta & Zach booked a snorkel/beach day. (Jen & Cody went to swim with the dolphins). SO basically as soon as we go off the boat we boarded this catamaran with about 40ish other people and we sailed about 10-15 minutes away from where the ship was docked to snorkel. It was SO FUN. I was not the best at it (i got lots of water in my tube and salt in my eyes, but I eventually got the hang of it---but it was so neat and I cannot wait to do it again) We snorkeled for about 40-45 minutes then we headed back to the catamaran and headed to a private beach about 20 minutes away.




When we were on the catamaran D was acting kinda sickly. He does get motion sickness from time to time so I didn't think much of his upset tummy more than just the rocking of the boat. (he later told me he was so nervous) Once we reached the beach we played in the water. The company that we went through had HUGE inflatables in the water. Like slides, obstacle courses etc. They also had huge floating mats to lay out. So we did that then we headed to the tiki hut for lunch. While we were sitting at lunch there were some larger shells on the ground that D & I picked up. So when we headed back for our beach chairs, D mentioned walking down the beach to see what we could see. I assumed he wanted to look for more shells because he brought this little dry bag (basically a bag he uses for when he kayaks etc that even it gets dropped in the river/submerged everything will stay dry). So we walked a bit and then we stopped and he said he wanted pictures of me on the beach (later i found out he just wanted an excuse to open the bag which had the ring in it)



So after he snapped a few pictures he hugged me and said

'baby i want you to be mine forever' and I of course said back 'I am yours forever silly' then he stepped back and dropped to one knee and said--

'I really want you to be mine forever. Will you marry me?'


I was in complete shock. I stood there with my hands over my mouth just nodding my head and shaking. I finally yelled "YES!!" and then we hugged and kissed and just like that we were engaged.




It was perfect and I am so very excited to marry this man! I cannot wait to share the journey of planning with you guys. We do not have any plans yet of course but as soon as we start planning stuff I will keep you guys posted :)

10 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH I MISSED THIS NEWS!!!! SOOOOOOOOOO excited for you!!!!! your ring is gorgeous and what a great story! I felt like this might be coming soon :) XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I just love this! I'm so crazy happy for you, Sarah! You deserve a happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable!! Such a cute engagement story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love LOVE this story! You guys could seriously not get any cuter, and how awesome that you have pictures of it all! CONGRATS gurlie <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats gal! Fun story and beautiful ring! happy planning! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous place to get engaged! And a gorgeous ring as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! What a beautiful ring too! Did you have a feeling that he was going to propose or was it a complete surprise?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)