Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Big Mac Attack {skinny recipe}

Good Morning Friends!

So most of you know I have pretty much sword off fast food (18 months without as of yesterday) and some days I crave it.

but I am not about to give up on my goals for a quick fix. However, I am always looking for dupes for 'comfort food'. When I came across this recipe on instagram, I knew I had to check it out.

Thus i give you Big Mac Attack.


Ingredients
1 lb of lean ground beef (I used 97/3--- so extra lean)
1 onion
6-8 American Singles
1 tube of light/reduced fat crescent rolls
Dill Pickles (however many you like)
Sesame Seeds




Steps

1. Soften onions in a large skillet over medium heat. After they have cooked down a bit, add in ground beef to brown. After it is browned add in pickles and mix.


2. In a 9x13 pan layer mixture along bottom and then layer cheese on top


3. Roll out crescent rolls (do not break apart) over cheese & mixture. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of rolls.

4. Bake for about 15-17 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.

4. Serve with a side. (i used green beans) I also added Thousand Island on the side.

This is the brand I used. (found at walmart & all organic)




Enjoy this healthier alternative :)


Linking up with my girl Kate for a recipe swap!

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! These look delish! I swore off fast food too years ago, but still seem to find myself in the drive-thru sometimes after a fun night out *womp womp*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did it taste? It looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks super interesting! I'd love to try a piece of it but I'm not sure I'd want to make a whole pan of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the calorie count on this?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)