Friday, May 22, 2015

Goodbye is the hardest word to say

Today is our last day of school.


I am filled with a mix of emotions. I am so excited to have my summer off and relax and tan and of course the cruise. Those things are jut so exciting I am about to burst.



Then I have the other side of the coin.

I have to say goodbye to my 27 little souls that have come to my room everyday (most for the last 2 years). I have spent two years falling in love with these kids and  now I have to say goodbye.

Maybe it is because I have been their teacher for 2 years so I have had even more time to grow attached to them. Or perhaps it is the fact they are my first 'real' class, i don't know.

It is so bittersweet. I am not ready to not be their teacher. I am not ready to let them go to 5th grade. I worry. I worry they will not be loved and appreciated by their teachers like I love and appreciate them. I worry their teachers will not know what they need and will not help them succeed. I worry they are going to struggle and maybe even drown in school work.

However, that is all about me. Not about them.

And today is really about them. They are leaving 'elementary school' and moving to the intermediate.

so to my kiddos--

Thank you. Thank you for being my first class. Thank you for teaching me more than I may have taught you.  We have laughed, cried and had flat out amazing days. There were bad days, but for some reason those seem to escape me. I am lucky to have been your teacher and I am so proud of what we have accomplished. I know that you will do amazing things next year and for years after. Remember to be kind.  In the years to come you will drift apart from kids that were once your best friends in this room. BUT please remember that we are still a family, even after you walk out of my room for the last time. You will always hold a place in my heart and I am so blessed to have known you. I am not ready to say goodbye but I know that i have to let go because you are on to bigger things. Remember you are important and your life is not determined by your circumstances and that you CAN do whatever your hear desires, you just have to try. I believe in you. I always will. So goodbye my sweet friends. I will miss you more than you will ever know.


Love,

Miss S



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)