Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Honey Balsamic Porkchops {Healthy Recipe}


Well look who decided to show up.

The end of the school year is on me + standardized testing = a whole ton of excuses as to why I haven't been here.

BUT I am back today and I plan (fingers crossed) being here the rest of the week.

Anyways I want to share with you this delish (man approved) healthy dinner


Honey Balsamic Pork Chops
(I have also used this exact recipe for chicken)

Ingredients

2 Pork Chops (I used thick cut, but feel free to use 4 thin & the skip the cooking in oven part)
3-4 Tablespoons of olive oil
3-4 Tablespoons of Honey (or a little more depending on how sweet)
4-5 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
Garlic Powder (i just eyeballed, but i like mine garlic-y--whatever you like)
salt/pepper to taste



Steps

1.Put all ingredients in a large ziplock bag & squish around to coat chops.


2. Put in fridge. (I let mine marinate for about 2.5 hours, feel free to go longer/overnight)


3. Sear in hot skillet. I did a spray of PAM in pan first.



4. Cook for 22-25 min at 375* in oven.

(Use aluminum foil. Helps with clean up)

5. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.


I served mine with a baked potato and green beans.



**if you use thin chops, just cook through in skillet. Cooking in oven will cause them to dry out**


They turned out SO juicy and just delish. D kept going on AND on about how much he liked them. He was a little skeptical about the whole sweetness factor, but they are definitely not sweet. The honey just adds a great taste!

Linking up here! Go check it out for more recipes (every Tuesday)




5 comments:

  1. I love pork chops! These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Love finding new ways to make pork chops, and this looks delish :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice recipe...We cook pork chops weekly and I often use pesto to season them up but balsamic vinegar is a great idea so will have to give your recipe a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't eat pork chops often since they usually dry out, will have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting the full details,its really a good information
    veg manchurian recipe

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)