Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mixing it Up



Happy Thursday!
Is it spring yet? I mean really?


So I am back with how I am making myself healthier to share what I did this week. Last week I shared how I started boot camp (which was actually canceled yesterday BUT being the dedicated group we are & since school is canceled we rescheduled for today--so if the roads are fair I am heading out to do that this morning before the gym tonight)

gettin' shit done.



Anyway so I was a very gungho running girl. I was building my speed and stamina. That's all i did pretty much for cardio. Just run run run run.

Which is great. I am going to continue to run a lot.

But i need to mix it up. I feel like i have hit a mini plateau and I want to mix it up for my bod to get over this plateau. I have been doing stairs on Thursdays for a few months but i know that isn't enough.

My plan is to do stairs two days a week and uphill walk another day. I have been putting the treadmill on the highest incline, 15, and then walking from anywhere from a 3.8-4.1 for 45 minutes. It is a HUGE  calorie burner plus so so so so good for those glutes. Then I will run for the other 3 days. (I have been trying to make it to the gym 6 days a week, some weeks I only make it 5).



That is my plan anyway. Getting out of my comfort zone of running (which WOAHHHHH when did running become a comfort zone, that is still insane to me) is needed and I know it. I gotta trust this process and try new things to see what works for me!

Here is to continuing to kill it and making changes!

3 comments:

  1. My life changed when I stopped pounding the pavement and found the other wonderful ways to gain sweat, stamina and strength!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you get to go to those boot camp classes and there's a great group of you guys motivating each other! I like to mix up my workouts too, I do a mix of Barre classes, biking outside, yoga, and at home workouts like Jillian Michaels and Rush Fit :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)