Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Skinny Chicken Tortilla Soup [Recipe}

Good morning friends!!
Happy Tuesday! I am so glad that we made it through Monday, only 4 more days til I am off for two weeks. I don't know who needs it more, me or my students!

So as you guys know I meal plan every week. I always try to plan a crock pot meal for Wednesdays because I tutor and work late and since I have a 40 minute commute I don't normally want to cook so it is so nice to have something waiting for me when I get home.

This is the one I made last week and it is a favorite for sure. I found here. This is the second time I made it and we both love it. Now I know it says soup but its really more of a stew or even chili consistentcy still fab thought. If would wanted it more soup like you could add chicken broth/stock or water.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ingredients
3-4 Chicken Breasts-I used frozen (I only used three and that was more than enough for almost 5 portions)
2 cans (not drained) black beans
1 Cup of Salsa
15 oz of Tomato Sauce
2 cans (not drained) diced Tomatoes (the orginial recipe says stewed but I had diced on hand)
Corn (Optional)
Salt & Pepper to taste

I always put the chicken (frozen) in first and the dump the rest on top.


Directions
1. Put all ingredients in crock pot.
2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours
3. Stir to shred up chicken ( I have a pampered chef utensil that breaks apart the chicken- but a wooden spoon would work fine)
4. Enjoy.




SOOOOO simple & so yummy.
Plus there is no guilt. D topped his with tortilla strips and a little cheese. I ate mine plain and it was just as good!


Linking up hereeee.

3 comments:

  1. This looks DELISH and bonus points for it being in the crock pot :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this recently and it was SO good! Nice hearty soup recipe for the colder months!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)