Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Healthy QUICK snacks

Happy Tuesday Friends!
oh and happy July 1st!! 

Well as many of you know (or may not) Tough it Out Tuesday has gotten squash & is no longer a link up.

HOWEVER, I still want to post about my journey to being healthy etc. I feel like it keeps me on track and plus talking about health & fitness is something I have found out I like and I love seeing new ideas etc from other bloggers/instagram-ers.



SOOOO today I am sharing a few snacks that I have found & LOVE.

Snacking has always been a problem for me. I can make a healthy meal, but the snacks are what get me! So staying on track, especially this summer where I can 'graze' on whatever is in the house makes having yummy snacks all the more important.

{1} Roasted Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas). I think I have shared this before, but not sure when. Basically take a can of garbanzo beans (AKA chickpeas) and drain in a colander and rinse. Put on a cookie sheet and add spices. (I have used chili powder, garlic salt and pepper, but you add whatever you like.). Stir around to make sure all are coated. Bake at 400 for about 25 minutes. They turn a bit crunchy and are savory and delish.  I eat them straight of the sheet or even add them atop a salad

{2} Trail Mix. The store bought ones can be high in fats/sugars..so i made my own. I combined, pecan, sliced almonds, walnuts, no sugar added dried cranberries & pineapple, and dark chocolate chips. I mixed it all then portioned them out. You can add whatever nuts etc you want. I honestly just used what I had on hand.

{3} Ranch Dip. So this is basically so simple. 1 tub of PLAIN greek yogurt (i prefer fage) ad 1 packed of hidden valley buttermilk ranch mix (found in the dressing aisle) Mix TOGETHER. I just mix the in the yogurt container (add a little at a time). Tastes just like ranch, BUT way less cals I dip my carrots/other veg in it. I also have put it on grilled quesadillas.


what healthy snacks have you been nomming on?




2 comments:

  1. I love that idea for ranch dressing!! It sounds so much healthier than the store bought kind.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these ideas! I'm always looking for healthy snacks!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)