Thursday, July 10, 2014

Copy Cat Burrito Bowl {Healthy Recipe}

Good Morning!
Happy Thursday! Tomorrow is Friday and the start to my birthday weekend :)
ugh, how did 25 get here so fast?

eff.

anywhoos, since I am always looking for healthier recipes to try, when I come across a good one I gotta share it.

a la

Copy Cat Chipolte Buritto Bowl


Ingredients
For the Chicken Marinate
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Halves
½ a Lime, juiced
¼ cup olive oil
1 packet taco spice mix

For the Burrito Salad
¾ cup sliced bell peppers (any color combo)
½ cup diced tomatoes
½ cup diced onions
½ cup of canned corn
½ cup of canned black beans
1 cup chopped Romain lettuce
small bunch of cilantro chopped
1 TBS of shredded cheese (per 'bowl')


2 Packages of Ben's Ready Microwave Rice

**NOW I have 1/2ed this recipe because I only made it for D & I**


Steps
1. Combine all marinade then put chicken in bowl and coat. I covered the bow in foil & let set for about 4-5 hours in fridge.
2. Cut up fresh ingedients, I also rinse and drain beans.
(The salsa is not part of the recipe, but D loves it, so I put some on at the end)
3. Brown Chicken in pan. After chicken is cooked through (about 8-10 minutes) Let cool on cutting board, then slice

4. Cook rice in microwave.

5. Then I layered--
Rice
Chicken
Veggies
Beans
Lettuce
Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream (I used Plain Greek Yogurt instead for a healthier option)


6. ENJOY :)


Original Recipe found here,  just tweaked it a bit

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm looks good! I will have to save this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good! Andy & I eat chicken most nights for dinner. We might just have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)