Friday, July 11, 2014

A day in the life {a teacher's summer)

HAPPY FRIDAY!

I am so glad it is friday, because that means it's birthday weekend! I turn 25 on Sunday & I am ready to get this weekend underway! I love confessional friday with Leslie, and this week she had a special task, and it was the day in the life...

So I documented my life yesterday, oh yes... i know, SUPER interesting..


A Day in the Life of a Teacher on Summer Vacation





I woke up a bit before 8:30. This is actually later than normal. Oh & note how i forgot to plug my phone in.


Breakfast, 2 pieces of Ezekiel Bread (one with PB2, one with Sugarless Jam) and a peach


Scanning etsy for a new planner for meal planning once the school year begins.

OOTD, Clearance sandals from Target. HOLLLLLA.

I attended a teacher workshop about using cooperative learning  from 10-12.

Stopped off at Mama Jean's after the workshop (local Organic shop)

Lunch- Leftover Skinny Turkey Sloppy Joe on Ezekiel bread, brown rice crackers and fresh pineapple (yes Ezekiel Bread again, but I got back home after 1pm, and I was starvin and didn't wanna cook)

I usually go to the gym around 4:30 with my boyfriend, BUT today was rest day,  so I happily rested on the couch!
OOTN- My daily look pretty much all the summer. Stretch pants &  tshirt.
For dinner we I tried out sweet potato fries. #fail. I mean they tasted great, but were not crispy. I tried using cornstarch to get them that to crisp up They didn't. D hunts a lot, and he got a deer last year so we had deer burgers (which are VERY lean) to accompany it.

Our night ended with Food Network and 'Chopped'
#wildtimes!


So now you know a little sneak peak into my summer days.
Happy Friday!

8 comments:

  1. YAY! So glad to find another teacher who knows what its like to have summers off! I don't know about you but it was weird writing this post since it wasn't really a "typical" day. I told myself I would have to do another one of these post once the school year starts.

    Love your shoes too!

    Stopping my from Leslie's Confessional Friday! Oh and I'm Kathleen from Places I Will Go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok can we talk about how insanely jealous I am of your summers off? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous of your beautiful summers off;)
    Came over from the link up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say something about your low battery when you wake up haha! Also, I tried making those sweet potato fries once...fail. I found it's better to slice and bake without seasong and then put the seasoning on AFTER they are baked (like a dry seasoning)...much crispier that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teachers definitely earn their summers! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same problem with sweet potato fries...and my boyfriend and I love 'Chopped'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! These 'day in the life' posts are so fun to read!
    If you ever want to change it up, a friend of mine and I brought back a 5 on Friday link up.
    It was pretty hot last week with over 150 entries. That's a lot of potential new readers for you!! We'd love to have you too!
    http://denimandplaid.blogspot.com/2014/07/link-up-oh-hey-friday.html
    Hope you're having a great week so far! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)