Monday, June 16, 2014

Stephy Lee Photography

GOOOOOD MORNING!!!

So this is has gotta be the best monday, because well I am currently sitting on the balcony overlooking the ocean with my family & D. We are on the second full day of vacation and I am enjoying every minute of it!

Today I wanted to bring you a very special blogger, someone who has become a real life friend, Stephanie!

***********************************


Hello! I'm Stephanie. I am a photographer, who also has a blog, over at Stephy Lee Photography. Sarah and I became blog friends a couple of years ago. We went on a blate once and I also stayed an entire weekend with her another time. We are actually in the midst of planning another weekend for me to visit her this summer (probs her birthday weekend). I cannot wait. She is always too much fun!


Anywho, she is on vacay right now, and I am totally jealous. I haven't been on a vacay in a long time. As a matter of fact, the last trip I went on was for work and I didn't even get any free time to do fun stuff. Boo! So, I'm here taking over her blog today! Sarah usually posts stuff about all this awesome, healthy food she eats or these amazing workouts she does...I'm not here for that. I do eat healthy and I do workout, but her stuff is always better than mine. So, I'll leave that to her.

Today I am going to share some photography tips. I am by no means a professional photographer. This is just a hobby for me, but these are some things I do when taking/editing photos.

1. Make sure you have adequate light. Natural light is the best, but we don't always have that. So, if you are inside make sure you have enough light to take a photo. Open curtains/blinds if needed. Using the flash is the last option for me.

2. Take your time. Make sure your subject is focused and looks the way you want it. Don't just snap a photo and hurry on. Make sure it captures what you are wanting.

3. Take lots of photos. Any time I am out taking photos, I take multiple photos of each shot. That way, when I get home, I know I will have at least one that captures exactly what I was wanting. I took photos of flowers the other day and had over ten shots of one flower. I only liked two of them.

4. Edit. I edit every photo. Even if it's just to fix lighting. Most of my photos are not "finished" quality straight from the camera. Photoshop actions are my best friend. They are one-click edits that do all the work for you. I love them.

5. Watermark your photos! This may seem obvious and/or dumb, but if you don't watermark them...people may try to use them as their own. You don't want other people claiming your work!

Here are some of my favorite photos I have taken:




Those are my five quick tips for taking and editing photos! I hope they helped you out. I know, they are very basic, but still. I hope y'all have a great day! Don't forget to check out my website; and you can find me on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook!


******************************************


Her photos are just gorgeous!!!
Go on over & say hello!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Thanks for having me on your blog!!! I hope you're enjoying vacay! xo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)