Thursday, May 1, 2014

Shrimp Tacos {Recipe}


Good Morning All & happy Friday EVE!
Can you believe it is already MAY FIRST!!!
Holy cow!


D & I love mexican food. i mean LOVE LOVE mexican food.
however, they are not the healthiest options...SO instead of giving it up entirely I have tried to find ways to make it better for us.

a la Shrimp Tacos.

Ingredients
Pre-cooked frozen shrimp (I used the small ones that are De-veined and tails off--for convenience)
1 pepper
1 red onion
Taco Seasoning
1- 1.5 TSP of Olive Oil
salt & pepper to taste
1TBS of minced garlic
Cilantro (optional)
Tortillas (i used large whole grain & cut them in half)

Steps--




{1} Cut pepper & onions into small strips and put in pan with oil. Add a bit of salt & pepper. After they have cooked down a bit add garlic.

*as these started cooking I defrosted shrimp by putting them in luke warm water*

{2} After they onions & peppers are cooked down add the shrimp & taco seasoning. Follow directions on the package if you need to add water or not.



{3} let cook for 5-7 minutes (shrimp cooks fast, and you don't want to over cook it)

{4} Serve. I chopped up cilantro and sprinkled it on top. I used spanish style rice as a side & home made chips that I baked in the oven.



*** chips were just corn tortillas, but in fourths, put on a baking sheet in the oven at 425* for about 7-8 minutes and salted when they came out.---WAY better than those bagged from the store** 

Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Doing our meal menu for next week & this is added to the list, chips & rice, too!

      Delete
  2. Come cook for me! You look like you can make it spicy!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)