Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tough it Out Tuesday

Good Morning friends!

So i might as well just jump right in to this post. I have been noticing (as well as dave) that I have a problem.


Lately since I have been on this healthy food train, I have found that I have been having extreme guilt.

Guilt over a not so great food choice.
Guilt over not working out/not feeling like I did enough during a workout ie, i should have done more reps, done another exercise etc.

I worry about if I am going to be able to eat healthy in certain situation.  AKA this weekend when we went to see my sister, I was so worried that wherever we went for dinner/at the bbq I wasn't going to have the option of something healthy. Then I had a burger (no bun & it wasn't turkey) plus a bag of chips.

i felt shitty about myself the rest of the day.

D says I have to just let it go and move on and focus on my next meal etc.
But i get so down and soley focus on the fact that i didn't make the ebst choice & i end up getting crazy in my own head and think all my hard work is going to go down the toilet.

as in one bad meal is going to make me gain all the weight i lost etc.

does anyone else do this? If you did/do how do not let one bad choice defeat you?
It's not like I am letting one bad meal make fall off the wagon, but i just feel so bad about myself for the rest of the day and i dwell on it.


Allieology

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, I totally get that! I'm the same way. And then if I made a bad choice for breakfast I'll just screw up the whole day! Gotta fix that thinking girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this too and it's a constant struggle for me to overcome! I just try to remember that something is always better than nothing. If I set out to run for 15 minutes but only run 10, that's still better than 0! And I've also decided if I deprive myself of the foods I love I end up gorging myself later because I just can't control it. One burger now and then is not a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to do this a LOT. Like a lot, a lot. But when I made the decision that this wasn't just a temporary thing and that this was going to be a big life change and last for forever, I started to be a lot more relaxed with myself. I want to enjoy my life and be healthy too. So I just remember that and move on. But it took me a while to get to this point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No no ! No guilt!

    The way I see it is I'm making the "choice" to eat bad or take a rest day - so right there I've signed an invisible contract with myself to NOT beat myself up over in 15 minutes later when I'm sick to my stomach because my body is pissed at my choice.

    Guilt / anxiety / fixation - they all get in the way of your happy healthy journey and don't let you enjoy the progress. I know it's hard, but it's worth it to forgive yourself.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)