Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tough it Out Tuesday {Lunch Ideas}

HAPPY Tuesday friends :)

I am back at school after our little four day weekend!  Uh year we got snow on Sunday (how annoying). How was the weather for you? The rest of the week is suppose to be amazing, so I will let the snow slide...JUST THIS ONCE!

So today for Tough it Out Tuesday I am sharing some lunch ideas. I have gotten pretty good at making healthy lunches. I do need to find more because I have been reusing a lot of ideas but I digress.

Now I am a teacher so I have about 15 minutes to eat after recess duty and getting the kids to the cafeteria I have about 15 or so minutes to inhale my food before I have to pick them up. Now I do have access to a microwave so most of these ideas require a microwave and since its been so cold I have wanted a warm lunch. Anyways onto a few lunches I have been having.

{1} Quesadilla


Now I made this at home, but I am thinking about making one ahead of time (or an extra when I make them for din & just reheat at school) I used to two small whole wheat tortillas. I took chicken, bell peppers, & onions and sauteed them up in a skillet. I did once around another warmed skillet with olive oil spray and put one tortilla down then added all the meat&veggies. I added a bit of siracha then skim cheese (2TBS) then put the other tortilla down. NOW for the best part, I take the skillet i used to cook all the stuff in and put on top of the the quesadilla. I have noticed this helps it all mix together and the bottom gets crispy. Flip it after about 3-5 minutes and cook for another 2-3 mins. Cut with a pizza cutter, add rice and black beans and voila.


{2} Turkey Sausage/Chicken and veggies


This is EASY PEASY! The top one is turkey sausage links (i get mine from aldis). I cut them up and grill in a pan (i season with Mrs. Dash, but you use whatever you like) I do the same with the chicken. Then for the side I get frozen veggie steamers (just plain no cheese etc--just the frozen baggie) It takes about 4 minutes for the veggie bag to heat up. Then put a little pepper on the veggies and its all done. I usually add fruit to go with. (for the veggie bag, i eat about 1/2 or so with the meat and the eat other part of the bag the next day/for dinner that night)


{3} Chicken Wrap with Carrots & Dip
So this one doesn't require a microwave. I just take whole wheat tortilla and add chicken, bell peppers, red onion and spinach. (you add whatever you like. I have done radishes lettuce, nuts etc). I usually have carrots for crunch instead chips. NOW THE DIP, don't run away from this lunch because I put the dip on there! All it is, is a a container of Greek yogurt and package of Hidden Valley Ranch Mix (found in the salad dressing aisle) Mix it up and BOOM, ranch dip without the guilt. I dip carrots/radishes/peppers in it. OH and as far as the dressing for the wrap i use a bit of the ranch dip or raspberry vinaigrette. I usually have an apple sauce or fruit with this meal.



OKAY SO WHAT do you do for lunches. i want to add some more ideas to my rotations.
Are you linking up???



Tales Of A Twenty Something



4 comments:

  1. Mmmm these all look yummy! I've been doing yogurt & fruit for breakfast, decent sized salads for lunch, yogurt covered peanuts for a snack, and then whatever they make at home for dinner (in a small portion). I just started this diet this week so we will see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quesadilla looks delicious! I've been doing a lot of chicken/veggies but I get so bored with it so quickly! I think quesadillas and tacos are great ideas to throw into the rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how easy it is to make that meal. The chicken and the veggies look so delicious. It's amazing how scrumptious those hearty meals look. Eating healthy might've never looked so good. Thanks for sharing those recipes, Sarah! Kudos and all the best to you! :)

    Mae Tyler @ St. Andrew Poultry

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)