Monday, March 17, 2014

one year.

One year ago my entire life changed.

It was St. Patty's Day weekend and I was downtown during a bar crawl with a few friends I used to work with. I never even had the slightest inkling what was in store for me that night.

After a few drinks two mutual friends told me to stop by the bar they were at because they had a guy they wanted me to meet. I assumed the worst since the last few months had been filled with let downs, but I missed see the two friends so i headed over. I promised a ONE drink max to the people i was with and we would be out of there.


Little did I know that I would spend the rest of the night sitting a table talking to the person who would change my life.

A year ago today I met Dave.



Three days after meeting we went on by far the perfect date (one day maybe I will share that story).  A very short time after that date I was hooked.

hook-line & sinker.

I cannot believe it has been a year. Some days it feels like we just met because I just look at him and I get those butterflies all over again. I think "i cannot believe he is mine". I have never felt this lucky in the entirety of my life. But then other days it feels like we have been together much longer because I feel so incredibly comfortable with him.




Many months ago, I just l felt it.
We were meant to be.

He brings out the best in me and i like to think the same about me for him.

Words cannot describe how happy I am with him. I have never felt secure in a relationship like I do with D. I am never worried that after we bicker that he is going to leave me. I am never afraid that he is going to flirt with next girl at the bar. I know that what we have is strong and they we are both willing to work and fight for it.



The future doesn't scare me. I am not instantly thinking of compromises I am going to have to make. The world (in the most cliche saying ever) is our oyster and I cannot wait to experience more of life with him.

I always wanted to find someone who tells me I am beautiful everyday and actually makes me feel it. I never thought I would.



I am so glad I didn't settle for anything less than the wonderful person i get to wake up to.

Happy 1 year my love. You are the best thing to ever happen to me and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for us.

I love you babe.
for all the times.




8 comments:

  1. aww! Happy 1 year anniversary! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so cute!! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww LOVE this story, you guys are too darned cute! Happy anniversary and may it be filled with Sheldon quotes and your letter to Hogwarts ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and now I need to know the first date story. PS I can't believe it's been a YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww. Love this. I'm a little late but, happy 1 year anniversary! Cheers to many more! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is it possible that a year has passed already?! Congratulations! Happy Anniversary! I think we would all really like to hear the first date story...just sayin'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! I love that feeling of sometimes feeling like there's no way you've been together THAT long but other times feeling like it feels like it's been forever. Happy anniversary to you and your D. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)