Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Finally Giving In

With Thanksgiving tomorrow, I am finally giving in.

All over social media there have been posts, lists, and even the worst-the daily 'I'm thankful...'post
Sorry, but it's obnoxious. I know it's a good thing, but I hate the daily 'I'm thankful posts' which is
why posting this post today is contradictory. BUT i have a lot to be grateful and I want to share it.







A few things I am thankful for--

*My parents. We have had our differences before but I am so thankful they are my parents and I know they will do anything for me.

*My sister. She has grown into a wonderful young woman and I only wish the best for her future.

*My best friend Kiki. WHO I GET TO SEE IN THREE EFFING DAYS!!!! She is my soul mate and my best friend. She is truly the best person I have ever met in my life.

*My job. I am finally in a place where I LOVE coming to work. Having 25 souls looking up to me is scary but the best thing I can think of.

*Dave. I am so grateful that God placed him in my life. He turned my thought of men around. He treats me better than I deserve most days. He is an amazing person and each day I realize how more crazy I am about him.

*My new apartment. I am so thankful I was able to move into this nice apartment and that I have a place to live and stay warm.

*This blog. This little piece of internet has given me so much. Wonderful friendships, a place to write and express, a place to learn, and a place to heal.


I am a blessed girl and I am trying so hard to remember not to take it for granted.



 photo sarahsignature_zpsf4117207.jpg

8 comments:

  1. Doing one thankful list is WAYYYYY different (and better) than the daily thankful things! I think they are obnoxious, too! But, in the holiday spirit I did a list today as well (and Walter has one scheduled on my blog for tomorrow hahah)!

    love you! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I was one of those obnoxious people last year who did a daily "thankful" FB status... I realized this was really annoying and didn't do it this year! You are very blessed and it's clear how happy you are with your place in life. It's wonderful how things just fall together like that, especially after enduring hard times. Happy to see you happy chick! Hope you're enjoying the shiz out of your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your so sweet and have lots to be thankful for! GO you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry I agree with you on the daily thankful posts. I love that people are expressing what they're thankful for, but it's getting annoying. But then again I find FB to be mostly annoying now anyway :-P

    I too have the obligatory thankful post scheduled for tomorrow, but I haven't been posting every day on the face-a-book. Therefore it's ok lol.

    Happy Turkey Day Eve! Bring on the stretchy pants! aka Joey's Thanksgiving pants/Phoebe's maternity pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked herring your thankful list:) hope you have a good thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think those "I'm thankful for..." posts are obnoxious too, haha. That's why I just did one also! Love this list. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, dear!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)