Thursday, September 19, 2013

We have been told it our entire life {life is not fair}

Life isn't fair.
Haven't we all been told that our entire lives? Life is not fair.

It has never rung more true in my ears as it did yesterday. Yesterday Jessica texted me to tell me that one of her best friends, a girl who i was friends with as well, had passed away.

Jordynn was a new education graduate this past May and had just landed her first teaching job about an hour or so from Springfield. She was filled with excitement after finally graduating. We talked often about our classrooms and getting things ready for the school year.

She was 22 years old and was taken from this world. She was on her way to school, to help guide, teach, and love her kids in her classroom. She never made it. 

My heart is broken for her family, friends and students. It is hard for me on these days to trust God's plan. Why would he take a vibrant young woman just starting her life? Why was she needed in heaven? I think how it's not fair that she will never experience marriage or kids. Her nieces have lost their Aunt Jordynn, her parents their baby, her siblings their sister. I know I need to trust in his plan and that she is in his arms, but its tough. I am angered. I am heart-broken. I have so many questions and no one to answer them.



I think about my kids at school. How utterly in love with them I am. How they have already taught me things in the 5 short weeks I have known them. I think about what would happen if I wasn't there. How would they cope? They are mine from 7:40-3:00 every day. That is the most amazing opportunity I have ever been given.

Life is too short. Shorter than we can even imagine. I know it is cliche but hug your loved ones, call them, text them, do whatever. Let them know because in an instant, literally one turn of the wheel and they could be gone forever.



 My deepest prayers are with her family, friends, students, & co-workers.

RIP Jordynn, you were a wonderful person and you touched my life along with many others.




More information on Jordynn here.
 photo sarahsignature_zpsf4117207.jpg

10 comments:

  1. big big hugs to you today sweetheart. hang in there. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss, Sarah. I know it's easier said than done when it comes to trusting in His plan, but I hope you are able to keep your faith and find strength today. I will be thinking of you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts and prayers with her family and friends. It can be so unfair when a life is taken away much too early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about this Sarah! My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family and friends!

    Always remember that God has a special place for her now and she is in a much better place then we are. As hard as it is and as young as she was...it is really awful but Heaven is a much greater place then we could ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for your loss Sarah. Thinking of you, and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, I'm so sorry for your loss! My thoughts & prayers are with you & her family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs and prayers for you and Jordynn's family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is truly so so sad. I wish you & the family all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I am so sorry hun! Thoughts and prayers going out to you and Jordynn's family during this difficult time. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)