Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Weekend Recap

Good Morning!!!

It's tuesday & yes my weekend recap is a day late. I was so exhausted that i literally napped most of yesterday away. The weekend was a long but fabulous one!! I had such a great time. We didn't get back til after 10 pm on sunday night thus i didn't even have time to start this post.

anyways this weekend was a blast! D & I went to Kansas City for my mom's side family reunion! It was  such a great time and the first time my extended family was going to meet D.

Friday I spent the whole day working in my classroom. I was pretty overwhelmed BUT got a good chunk of things done. I still have a billion more things to do though. My parents will be here next weekend so I am hoping we will be able to get in next saturday.








After D got off work we got pizza & then headed out to KC. We stayed at my cousin's house which is very north KC so it was about a 3.5 hour drive. Needless to say after we worked all day we were dog tired & passed out pretty quickly after we fell asleep.

Saturday we were up & movin early. We all ate breakfast and then D&I and my parents went to Cabella's (similar to bass pro) for some shopping. After we got back my Aunt Connie made Mexican Salad and we devoured plate fulls. OMG so good. Then it was off the to royals game. It was SOOOO muggy but overall a great time. The night ended with nice showers & whiskey cokes :)








 on the way home..still reppin the cards with dave's hat :)

Sunday we were not up as early but had homemade biscuits and gravy.After all the family (a few stayed a hotels) arrived we headed out to the lake. My cousin (who lives in KC) has a speed boat that seats about 6-7. However there was over 20 of us so while some where on the boat the rest of us were at the swim beach. It was a great time. We all tubed & swam and just had a wonderful time.




this just makes my heart happy :)


 Unfortunately D had to work early Monday so we left early Sunday evening.


I had such an amazing time & I am so glad I got to introduce D to my family. The loved him, but duh...of course they did :) HAHA!

Happy Tuesday lovers!!




 photo sarahsignature_zpsf4117207.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Eeek! I LOVE THIS! I'm so glad he is meeting your family! And that y'all had a good time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's my kind of weekend! Anything with water activities, sign me up. So happy that everyone got along nicely. Doesn't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah, those pictures of your classroom make me happy! You know you love teaching and education when you get giddy about this stuff LOL! Can't wait to see your finished classroom!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)