Thursday, June 27, 2013

A moment in history

Good Morning Dolls!!

I am still thinking on this left-sided text thing..we shall see? What do you think?

Yesterday history was made. For any of you who do not know The Supreme Court ruled down Prop 8 (the law in California banning same-sex marriage) and put down DOMA ("a 1996 law passed by Congress that barred recognition of same-sex marriages and thereby denied more than 1,100 benefits to married gay and lesbian couples")

This is huge friends. HUGE. There are now 13 states and the District of Columbia now have legalized Same- Sex marriage. Within those states same-sex couples will receive the same benefits as heterosexual couples. Equality is a human right. End of story. 'LIFE, LOVE AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS'



I won't share all my thoughts on same-sex marriage vs religion because as brave men fought so many years ago--- separation of church and state is what our country began upon. However, there is zero reason that if you love someone that you should no be able to marry & share your life with them. In years to come we will look back on this just like we look back on segregation or laws against bi-racial couples. We will have disdain in our hearts and shake our heads at the how ridiculous those laws were. We won't be able to believe that there were ever laws prohibiting the marriage of two people.


I could get on my soap box about how people will protest gay marriage but never bat an eyelash at celebrities having marriages that last 72 days or even worse 55 hours. BUT i won't go there. I

CONGRATULATION SUPREME COURT!!! You made history today and I cannot wait to see equality reach every state in time.

 

I hope one day will just be called 'marriage' and there will be zero distinction of who is in that couple.

#EQUALITY4ALL

PS tomorrow is friday, if we didn't have enough to celebrate.




 photo sarahsignature_zpsf4117207.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Sarah I love your little face! That is all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! And I can't wait for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, I love this, I love this. You are amazing and yesterday was a HUGE day! (For gay rights and women's rights as well!) Great post!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)