Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Rejections & A Pineapple.

How is it already wednesday?
I mean i am not complaining or anything! I get to see my family this weekend
for my sister's family weekend at school!
so i am pretty excited!
It is much needed after the last few days.


 pictures of me & Em from the last family weekend we visited!

If you follow me on twitter, i have been emo tweeting.
so obnoxious, i am sure. 
I have been feeling kinda down since monday..I found out I was passed up
for three jobs i interviewed for in this one district. It is the district i student taught in
and in education, its a lot about who you know and the connections you make..
well this district, specifically one of the schools, i had a lot of connections
and i didn't get it.
I was really sad
point blank. 
 I was/am having a hard time staying positive about finding a job.
I so desperately want to be a teacher & have been trying my best to prepare
and put my best foot forward, so that kind of rejection is so difficult.
needless to say, i have been down in the dumps.

Source: facebook.com via Amanda on Pinterest

BUT 
i am pressing on & continuing to apply & i actually have another interview
coming up that i hope will be the winning ticket!
I have an incredibly supportive family & friends that i am trying my best
not to let down.

ejksdnvsdBEFFYOUCEEKAYVKjdzsb
that is my brain right now.

ANYWAY MOVING ON...

since I was feeling so down yesterday D 
(yes i finally introduced man friend, if you missed it look here)
took me to dinner to cheer me up. I was suppose to make dinner but since i was
all sniffly and being sad he decided we were going out! How sweet huh?
After dinner we had a nice night on the couch..while i filled out more applications..
i am sure he was thrilled.

OOTN

In other news I did *for the first time* cut up my own pineapple. I am bad blogger
and didn't photograph it. I was proud of myself. 
How silly huh? 
but buying pineapple  pre-sliced is pricey, 
buying a whole pineapple & cutting up yourself...WAY cheaper.
NEXT? a watermelon!! I have been craving it like cray-zee bay-bee!

Tomorrow my fab friend Stephanie is hosting a new link up!
read all about it here
its all about parties. Yah of course boooze, sassy outfits, nights out etc are going to
be prevalent but DUH you can link up your kiddo's bday party or maybe an anniversary
party? Go get tons of idea on what to wear, make, drink & decorate with!
I will be supporting that hot babe, and you should too!
I stole this recipe from the gorgeous Elle Noel Monday night
to make Mashed Cauliflower. It's suppose to take the place of
mashed potatoes...WAY HEALTHIER.

Lemme tell ya it was really good!! 
I did add two tsp of plain Greek Yogurt & a a few
TBSP of grated skim cheese, and it turned out fabulously! 

I used garlic powder, salt, pepper, & dried basil for seasoning as well.
It was really good! I would highly recommend it.

Also I re-heated it for lunch on Tuesday & it was just as good!!
*the yogurt made it way creamier & more 'potatoey'*


I made turkey meatballs with red sauce along with it.
*just ground turkey, garlic, salt/pepper, one egg & a small hand full of bread crumbs
roll into balls &
bake at 375 for about 25 min*


alright that's all i got for yah.
this post is way too long anyway...
Happy Hump Day lovlies!
have a good one!!





post signature

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the job thing. I know it's hard. It took me FOREVER to find a job after graduating (which is why I went to grad school because I couldn't find a job that would allow me to pay my loans back yet). Then I ended up with a very low entry level job in my field that I'm kind of stuck in now...so I'm still looking, too.

    Heart you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there chicky!!! everything happens for a reason, and you may not know the reason now but you will find it eventually!!!!!

    co.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally believe everything happens for a reason, the best is yet to come! so hang in there girl!
    I love that color shirt on you it looks fab!
    And the cauliflower mash is something i have been dying to try...maybe this week?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it wasn't meant to be honey. the right job is STILL out there!!

    ps your OOTD is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out girl, I'm glad you're going to be there!
    Sorry you didn't the job though, that does suck. I've got my fingers crossed for you that you find the perfect one. I'm on the job hunt too, it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! :( Sorry girlie! Sending positive vibes & thoughts your way for this next interview!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo the mashed cauliflower looks good! I should give that a try someday. :)

    Found you via Shanna's linkup!

    xo – Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com
    Find me on BlogLovin!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)