Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans & a BLATE :)

GOOOOD  MORNING :)
I am loving this monday because this is the beginning of my WHOLE week
off for Spring Break! I sitting at home in Saint Louis
at my parents' house enjoying my time off.
it is SO nice to be at home with my parents for more than a weekend!

Anyways this was a pretty fab weekend!!
I am linking up with my lady Sami
to share all my fun.


Friday I subbed in the afternoon for a fourth grade class. NOW let's just
say it was a friday, in the afternoon the day before spring break...let that sink in for a second
23 nine year olds...and it was party day! Thank God parents came in
and pretty much did the whole party. As the mom's were setting up i noticed a
certain cup arrangement on the side table
and when I asked she said...
"don't judge me but I was playing beer pong the other
night & thought of this..."
they set up solo cups in a beer pong formation & filled the cups with candy. the kiddos
then threw the ball & when they made into a cup they got to keep that candy!



WHHHHAT?? 
they are getting ready for college early! BAHA loved this mom!
after the candy pong shenanigans I drove the 3.5 lovely hours back to STL
and walked into one of my fave meals cooked by my mom waiting on the table.
I spent the evening on the couch. 

Saturday I was up & at em'. It was raining..gah. But i did get to wear my cutise
rainboots. they are not hunter boots...just target brand...but they do the job!


Me & the parents went to the farmers market in soulard...its downtown STL.
I am obsessed with this place. They have venders galore with produce on produce
and they have meats and tons and tons of other stuff. If you ever come to STL
i would recommend going. I really enjoyed it.

OOTD- Shirt//unknown (i got it while working at platos)

Fresh made MINI doughnuts :) They made them right in 
front of you. YUMO.

Then mom & I did some resale shopping. I got a little shirt & a candle stick.
oooh and these FAB Wedges & children books to use in my classroom.
THENNNNNNNN
saturday night was my VERY FIRST BLATE :)
bloggers + date= blate
I met up with Cassie, Steph, & Katie!


OOTN- Blazer &bangles//Charlotte Russe Wedges//Target

Now I have followed Cassie & Steph forever. They are two of my most favorite bloggers.
I had never heard of Katie's blog before but Cassie brought her along & I am so glad she did!
They were amazing and drove ALL the way out to St. Charles and we ate at 
this little irish pub and had a few adult bevvys & wonderful conversation!
I am so glad we met up! They are pretty fabulous :)
I stole these pictures from the ladies!

I have a LOT of hair...

The girls :)

I cannot wait to have another meet up NEXT time i am in town!!

Sunday it rained all day & was quite gloomy gloom gloom. Since
the weather was yucky & we lost an hour of sleep I just laid around
and watched tv. I am not even ashamed I did get out of my pjs.
It was lovely.
I literally have so much hair..


Well that was my weekend & it was one of the best ones in a while!
How was yours?? Are you linking up with Sami?  She is pretty DANG fabulous
so get on over & do it :)

**note** i made a new email address specifically for le blog. I added to my contact page. I am still trying to make sure all the bases are covered here..because well we all know i am SO not tech savvy. just thought you should know..

post signature

10 comments:

  1. yay! love this - you are SO cute. on here AND in real life. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. kids playing candy pong?! that is TOO funny! I want to sub in a classroom like that! haha. & I'm so jealous.. it seems like everyone was having blates this weekend! glad y'all had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha candy pong?! and yay for blates!
    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a lot of hairrrrr!!! hahaha
    soooo glad we hung out!
    I'm seriously trying to get to Springfield next month!!!

    I'll tell you about my date as soon as I leave tomorrow. Not kidding.

    heart you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The candy pong story is the greatest story ever. It's so cool that you got to meet up with fellow bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun blate! Ya'll are so cute! I love your big hair and leopard wedges :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. jealous of your blate!!!!! and those donuts! :) yummmmmmmmmmers!

    I didn't do much on Sunday either - it's OK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun weekend! Enjoy all the home cooked meals this week! :) I love Farmer's Markets, too! Can't wait for the summer so that we can go to some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CANDY PONG! I would totally teach my kid that, they'd be unbeatable in college!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)