Monday, September 10, 2012

I can finally spill the beans...

 
So in my last post, I told you that I had something
VERY EXCITING
to share but I really didn't want to jinx it
yet by sharing all the details. Well after this weekend
things fell into place and I can finally share my exciting news!
 
 
I am moving back to Springfield!!!
I am in total shock. My parents came to me on Thursday night
after I had a rough afternoon of calling school districts to
follow up on my sub applications to be told that they would be
interviewing for subbing positions. INTERVIEWING??
WHAT THE EFF? I am a certified teacher and I might
not be good enough to sub? Others told me they have so
many subs that they won't be hiring for a while.
Needless to say I was disheartened and frustrated.
After not getting interviews or feedback from my apps
on a full time positions i was really upset
and felt worthless.
 
 
So my dad, of all people, had the grand idea that since
last Spring I was getting a lot of sub jobs in Springfield
(and i was just on at one district, not the 10-12 in
the surrounding areas) that I might have an easier
time with getting regular sub jobs plus making
connections if i moved down there. I was in SHOCK
that they would even think about letting me move down there.
 
So the plan was for me to look at apts next weekend when I go down
well after calling all day friday I found there was not a lot
to choose from in  my cheapo price range.
However we did find two places that seemed
perfect, but they only had one unit available. So what to we
do?Hopped in the car saturday morning at 5:30am
to hit the road to springfield! Anywhooos
after touring a couple places I decided on one
little one bedroom that an amazing open floor plan.

I cannot wait to start DIY-ing and decorating my new place.
My DIY pinterest board has had no action in the past 5 or so
months and I cannot wait to get started! LOVE hobby lobby
 
I will be moving the in the beginning of October!
I am still in shock but so excited to have my own place again
but mostly to  be back in the classroom!
 
:)
Happy Monday!
                                          

OH PS i cannot believe i never uploaded the pictures of my cat as a cone head. I literally just remembered I had these---
Thats a picture of her boobo.
Its much better now
 
poor bebe.
she is much better now. I think she gets her cone
off sometime this week!
 
 


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We have more in common than we knew :) I'm going to school to be an elementary teacher & I'm getting my own apartment the end of this month! I'll have to go check out your DIY board on Pinterest and get some ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did i not know you were going to school to be a teacher? That is so exciting! YES YES please share any DIY things you find. I think I am gonna do a post on all my fave diy stuff I have found tomorrow, so feel free to steal any ideas you like! I know i will steal yours :)

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the link up! Newest follower! So excited for you on this journey! :)

    Would love for you to stop by & say hi!
    lukeandamysmith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I am going to check out yours right now :)

      Delete
  3. So exciting about moving back to Springfield and getting your own place. I teach full time Language Arts in Utah and here it is death trying to find a job too. Nothing has ever stressed me out so much in my whole life. I guess it must be a nationwide thing- so annoying! Just fond your blog and have really enjoyed getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following :) Yes the job market in Missouri is ROUGH! I applied all over the place and its a lot more about who you know and the connections you make.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!! It's going to be so much fun to decorate your apartment!! You'll have to share everything with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Oh i for sure will! There will be lots of pictures! ANY diy i finish i am always proud to share

      Delete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)