Tuesday, September 11, 2012

DIY decorating madness

Happy Tuesday Boozeday?
(OH WAIT..i am not in college anymore)
 
How's every one's Tuesday going? Fab I hope.
I am just sitting here filling out and printing out sub
apps for multiple school districts in and around
Springfield. Pretty exciting stuff.
I act like its hard, but in reality I am way too excited
for the fact that I am moving back :) EEEK.
 
So in honor of having my new apartment I having been perusing
my DIY/Dream Home pinterest board for idea on how to
spruce the apartment up and make it my own :)
In all my other apartments i had nice decorations but it never
felt...home-y. I am determined to make it cozy but also
having it be DIY-fabulous. Love my glue gun.
 
Now this apartment is a bit smaller than my last one bedroom,
but i have great wall space and room for lovely designs.
Here are few things you should know--
  • my living room/kitchen are warm color tones I have a dark red couch, with dark wood furniture, and red/gold throw pillows etc.
  • my room is black, white, and teal
  • my bathroom is black white and purple.
 I probably wont be doing all of these right away
in the new place but over time i want to accomplish most if
not all of these.
 
I already have a mirror from walmart
and you can make the frame from 1x4s from home depot
 
I love the idea of painting or wall paper-ing
the back of a book shelf. I would probably paint.
 
with small black/purple pebbles
 
I am obsessed. I want this in my room.
 
Painted gold/red if it was in my living room
 
use scrapbook stickers for quote. Paint.
Peel off stickers. voila
 
burlap and finishing nails over
cork board
 
I actually did a few these already
 
I love the idea of framed prints
for the bathroom
 

Painted paint sticks around a mirror
dark brown for living room
 
 
Woah--thats a lot of ideas
and those are just a few!
 
thoughts?
 
I hope everyone takes a second to enjoy this day.
there are men and women fighting to allow us
to enjoy this wonderful day.
take a second to remember how blessed we are
to have this freedom and never forget
what so many people lost
11 years ago.
 
enjoy your day.
xo


3 comments:

  1. My hubby & I are almost done with the mirror! Hopefully, it will be done next week! Great other ideas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog. love it. i think we need to be BFFS. like for real.

    congrats on the move to springfield!! is it IL or MO?
    my sister lives in sprinfield, il. yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks :) it's springfield MO. I went to Missouri State down there.

      Delete

I appreciate all your sweet comments, they truly make my day. I do my very best to respond to everyone who leaves a comment!

have a wonderful day :)